Returns and Exchanges Policy
STREET GEAR WILL ACCEPT RETURNS:
While Street Gear shall make every effort to accommodate its Consumers and Retailers, our Returns Policy has to be one that is both reasonable and in strict accordance with Section 56 together with Section 57 of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
THE ACT PERMITS RETURNS WITHIN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
1. Where goods have been incorrectly supplied. An example of this is where a User orders goods and receives goods that are substantially different from what was ordered. Street Gear will then have the incorrect goods picked up and the correct goods delivered at no charge to the Consumer.
2. Where the goods sold are materially defective. Materially defective means that the goods are not suitable for the purposes for which they are made or designed and that the defect affects the usage of the item. Street Gear reserves the right to inspect the goods once they have been returned before offering the Consumer recourse on the matter, which will include;
- A full refund where the goods are found to be materially defective OR
- A credit to the value of the goods
- A replacement of the goods
Materially defective here excludes minor scratches, dents, marks or defects which do not affect the usage or enjoyment of the goods.
3. All goods purchased from Street Gear via the Website or Online Platform within 5 days of purchase, also known as the “cooling off” period in terms of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) Street Gear will only accept returns if the goods are in their original packaging, All tags are still attached, unused and the Consumer is able to provide a valid, dated proof of purchase.
Refund payments back to the customers account will take 7-14 working days from the time the refund has been approved and stock returned to the premises of Street Gear
STREET GEAR WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS/EXCHANGES:
1. The Consumer Protection Act (CPA) specifically excludes ‘buyer’s remorse’ and Street Gear reserves the right to reject returns that are sought because the Consumer has ‘changed his mind’ or no longer wants the item after the purchase has been made.
2. Where the goods have been damaged due to ordinary wear and tear or worn out in the ordinary course of use.
3. Where the goods have been purchased from other retailers and not Street Gear.
4. Where the goods fall into one of the following categories:
- Underwear, sleepwear, Swimwear or lingerie
- Goods that have been personalised or custom made
- Goods that have been specifically ordered for the Consumer and are not in ordinary stock
- Goods that may pose a health or safety hazard if returned or reused
- Earrings, including studs, piercings, hair pieces, attachments and other personal body items due to health and safety considerations
- Exchanges on electrical products that are not defected
5. Where the goods have been willfully damaged or have been damaged by the gross negligence of the Consumer or Retailer.
6. Where the goods have been damaged by Force Majeure, or an act of God such as inclement weather, natural disaster, power failure, electrical surges or circumstances outside of Street Gear’s control.
7. Street Gear reserves the right to hold the Consumer Liable for delivery charges in the event of one or more of the above circumstances being the reason for return of the goods
STREET GEAR EXCHANGES:
1. All exchanges for sizes are subject to prior sale. Street Gear cannot guarantee the availability of the requested exchanged size.
2. Street Gear exchanges products for sizes only. If a customer requires another colour or a different product then they will be issued with a store credit gift card and allowed to repurchase the product of their choice.
3. Street Gear cannot reserve any sizes that a customer wishes to exchange. All exchanges will only be processed once the returned goods have been received and validated by our returns department.
– Item(s) must be returned to our warehouse in good condition within 7-14 days of receipt.
– Item(s) must be returned with all of the tags and intact. Your item(s) should be in their original packaging.
– For hygiene reasons, we cannot offer refunds on pierced jewellery, underwear, or swimwear, unless the items have visible manufacturing defects